Submit a Guest Post
CareerNuts.com is designed to help students choose their careers. With career advice from professionals
in all fields, it serves as a guide for students to learn about various types of careers, so that they can find
out what they are best suited for. Additionally, students can also find advice on CareerNuts.com about
pursuing higher education, career tips & how to select the right one, personality development, job-
preparation, entrepreneurship and more.
Read more about us here.
We Are Accepting Guest Articles
What’s something you know from experience that you can teach children?
Our mission is that every child in India has the requisite knowledge about their career of choice, so they can be confident in making their career choice.
We at CareerNuts.com believe we cannot achieve our mission alone. That it will take a vast community of experienced professionals to contribute ideas and insights that students can learn from. So if you would like to share your wisdom or insights, we invite you to submit a guest article submission. Please note that we only accept 100% original articles that draw from the author’s area of expertise. We only accept unique and exclusive articles that have not been published elsewhere (including all websites, social media platforms and personal blogs). All submissions become the property of Career Nuts.
Please make your submissions to [email protected].
Why Get Published on CareerNuts.com?
We know that experience is hard-earned and knowledge is priceless. Experienced professionals have a
lot to share with youngsters who can benefit from their career journey. Such advice is usually lost on
social media platforms where what you share is restricted to that platform.
Furthermore, being published on Career Nuts will also help you establish your online visibility. It’ll
increase your digital footprint, and if your article is approved, it will establish you as a subject-matter-expert in your field.
Being published on CareerNuts.com gives you the chance to touch the lives of millions of young
students. You never know whose life you may change. Read more about this in Letter from the Editor.
Article Guidelines for Guest Authors
Article Submission & Editing Process
We at CareerNuts.com take pride in maintaining high quality content despite having a pool of authors
from a variety of professional backgrounds. While inviting guest authors is easy, please understand that in order to maintain the journalistic integrity and quality of the content on CareerNuts.com, it takes us a lot of time and effort to select, guide and edit everything that is published here.
All submissions have to follow our submission procedure, and guest authors are requested to submit a
topic and/or synopsis first. If your topic is selected, we’ll let you know and may send you suggestions. Unsolicited work has a high chance of being rejected.
We read all submissions within one week, and will contact you if your submission of topic has been
accepted. Owing to the volume of submissions we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond to
all submissions unless they are accepted for publication.
Ideas for Niches & Sub-Genres to Write on
If you’d like to write for CareerNuts.com, please consider one of the following niches that we have on
- Career advice
- Higher education advice
- Job search tips
- College tips
- Personality development
- Soft skills
- Work ethics
- Study tips
- Entrepreneurship advice
- Mental health tips for young professionals or students
- Life philosophy or rules to live by in life
- Feel free to write about a related area we may have missed out on this list.
Here are some ideas:
- Write about your education or career story and the leanings there.
- Write what to expect from your profession.
- Share the story of your entrepreneurship or startup to inspire students or young professionals.
- Write about your company to help students understand the job market or your profession.
- Share the things in your career you’ve learned the hard way.
- Share what you learned from your failures.
- Write about your college, education program or course.
- If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self about career or education, what would that be?
- Education or career news.
- New types of careers.
- Share some helpful tips or hacks for young professionals or beginners in your profession.
Article Submission Procedure for CareerNuts.com
- Think up an idea that you’d like to write on based on the list given above.
- Do a quick search on CareerNuts.com to make sure that your topic isn’t something we’ve already
- Submit your topic with a few ideas on the approach you’ll take for the article or a synopsis. Send this to [email protected]. We’ll email you asap if it is approved.
- Once your topic is approved, please submit your article – at least 400 words, and preferably between 1000-2000 words.
- We’ll edit and check the article for plagiarism and do fact-checking. Wait for it to be published.
- In the event, we’d like to make certain edits to it, we’ll email you with requested changes or an edited draft.
Article Guidelines: How to Write a Good Article for Career Nuts
- Choose something unique to write about, which gives you a chance to express your opinion or reflect your unique knowledge.
- Choose a topic that you’re best suited to write through your experience, profession or expertise.
- Choose a topic that you feel students will benefit from.
- Make your article easy-to-read. Use short sentences, simple words, and subheadings where possible or necessary. Remember – the students reading this website are between usually between 12-20 years old.
- Feel free to include your personal opinions even if they are controversial.
- Make your article helpful, insightful and/or educational.
- Avoid obvious tips, or information that’s common knowledge. Avoid abstract subjects or vague tips.
- Children have shorter attention spans, so feel free to make it entertaining by adding your own experiences or funny tid-bits.
- Refrain from hate speech, negativity, judgmental language or personal agenda/ads. That’s the last thing students want at that age.
- Link to credible sources if you’re quoting someone or something. Please make sure your opinins or tips are backed by facts that can be looked up, where necessary. However, you can use your opinions to drive a point.
- Want to give your own opinion on a topic we’ve already written about? That’s totally acceptable, as
long as your article is something completely different, and will add on to the information for students.
Checklist Before Submitting Your Article:
- A great way to edit an article is to read it out loud, and see if any of the sentences are a mouthful. If so, then break them up into shorter ones. Remove any phrases where you feel the information is repetitive.
- And correct grammar, where required.
- If your article is research based or on a common topic, you can check your article in one of the free
plagiarism checker tools online to make sure none of your sentences seem plagiarized.
- If you’re including any images, be sure to only include your own work or copyright-free images.
Add your photo and a short bio that we’ll include with the article. We cannot add a guest article
without an author bio.
Why you need to submit an author bio? An author bio establishes trust with the reader, making them understand who is writing this article and
why their views are relevant. By showcasing your picture, name and contact email/Twitter, readers will
understand that a real and experienced person has written it. Adding the details of your academic and
professional background helps to add credibility to the insights you’ve shared.
Author bio can be 100-200 words long. Please add the following information in it:
1. Full Name:
2. College(s) you graduated from (for bachelors & master’s / PhD degree) and year graduated for each?
3. Your professional profile (city of origin, education, work experience, awards, publications etc.):
4. Briefly explain your work or experience (e.g. worked on offshore projects in UK, US for retail companies taking care of…)
5. Current designation:
6. Current organization& location:
7. Any hobbies/extra-curricular activities you pursue?
8. Website/ blog (if any) –
9. Please attach your recent (professional) picture, contact email address / Twitter / LinkedIn profile:
Feel free to boast a little!
What We Will Do to Edit the Article
- We may edit the title to make it more attractive.
- We’ll make structural and journalistic changes to the article to make it more understandable.
- Major changes, if any, will be done in consultation with the author.
- We’ll make the article more search-friendly so people can find it easily on Google, etc. when searching for that topic.
- We’ll make sure the article stays on topic throughout, and we may remove or move unnecessary
sentences, as required.
What We Don’t Publish on CarerNuts.com
CareerNuts.com is not a job posting site. Please refrain from submitting job openings.
We don’t accept advertorials. Articles written primarily to advertise a product, company or institute will
be rejected. Please refrain from submitting articles with a biased view or those that promote a
product/service for commercial benefit. We don’t accept guest articles with external third-party links.