Date: January 27, 2022
Position: Staff Writer/ Educational Content Writer
About the Position
We are hiring Staff Writers who will help us plan, research and write articles on career, education, entrepreneurship & job-preparation. The content writers will report directly to the Editor-in-Chief. This is a training position, and there is immense opportunity to reach the Editorial positions. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can deliver high-quality content on time, respect journalistic ethics and strive to take the stature of our digital media company to further heights.
Skills You Know or Want to Learn
- Education writing
- research & editing
- Web Design
- Photoshop and graphic design
- Google Analytics/ Trends
• Assist the Editor in maintaining career lists for the career directory.
• Contact professionals in different fields & brief+assist them in writing about their profession.
• Edit, fact-check and copy-write content by guest authors.
• Research latest careers & education trends for new topic ideas.
• Assist in creating content strategy and planning monthly content.
• Write articles on higher-education, study tips, job-prep, entrepreneurship, career counseling, types of careers, etc.
• Curate images for new and existing content.
• Research relevant keywords.
• Update SEO of all new articles & archives by tweaking titles, keywords, meta data, as instructed.
• Keep archives up-to-date for website format, broken links, images, updated info, etc.
• Contact universities & companies for press releases and updates
• Assist web-designer with photo editing, infographics, banner images, and other graphics.
• Prepare for photo shoots, such as contacting brands and arranging samples.
• Schedule community updates on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Track and optimize website performance by tweaking code and design where needed.
• Design branding elements as required such as logo, social media graphics or office merch.
You Will Gain Working Knowledge of
• Content planning & keyword research.
• Content research, writing, editing and how to communicate ideas through illustrations, images and info-graphics.
• Creating and executing digital and social media marketing strategy to effectively promote a new business.
• How to identify new SEO & content trends.
• Web publishing tools and technologies.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. In our team we encourage a flow of ideas and appreciate fresh talent. You can learn from our knowledge and experience as much as you are willing to.
Salary will be commensurate with your qualifications, experience, performance and deliverables.
The office is located in Panchkula. Official work hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm. Part-time jobs can be considered. Candidates must have a laptop.
How to Apply
To be considered, please send in your resumes with 2 writing samples at hr(at)careernuts(dot)com.